JOIN AND RENEW
SCKC has adopted a new club management software, called OpenSports, that will streamline membership dues, waivers, scheduling trips and events, and RSVP's into one system that can be viewed on the web or through an app on your phone. This system will replace Meetup and will work alongside the club's ever growing Facebook group. The link below will take you to the OpenSports website where you can easily create an account with your email and password and pay the membership dues.
There are two categories of membership:
- Individual (1 adult): $20/year (recurring or one-time)
- Youth (17 years old and under): $5/year
Here are detailed instructions on how to sign up for OpenSports and buy a membership to SCKC to gain access to the clinics and weekly events. Read the pdf by clicking here: How to sign up and pay dues.
Note that you must create an individual membership for each member of the household so that we can track who is coming to which events
As a member you can:
- Participate in clinics and paddles
- Receive a discount coupon for boats and gear from a local merchant (1 set / new adult membership only)
- Receive notices of happenings in the Club
- Participate in the Paddle Board (the Club's board of directors) and attend its meetings
- Support education projects for paddlers and members of the public
- Support advocacy and projects to promote access and conservation
While many are probably skeptical of adding another website/app in their lives, most people have found that signing up and getting familiar with the new platform only takes a couple of minutes. This system will allow the club to reduce barriers and complexity for trip leaders looking to lead official SCKC trips and events. If you have lead trips in the past or are interested in becoming a trip coordinator for the first time, now is the time to get involved!
We have an active Facebook group at: www.facebook.com/groups/729846333733441/